Watercolor by Antonio shares the work of painter Antonio González García. He layers brushstrokes and mixes mediums. Thus, his paintings express uncharted depths for watercolor. It’s a richer and more meaningful medium thanks to his fresh takes. Antonio turns a fast food lunch into a romantic snapshot with his paintbrush. He tells profound stories with Greek God portraits. Click around this gallery and shop to see the world anew through the eyes of Antonio González García.
Born in 1990 Cadiz, Spain, Antonio took to drawing at 8 years old. He developed a passion for it and drew all day every day. His childhood teemed with competitions and comicons. Then, teenage Antonio joined Jerez de la Frontera, a graffiti group doing paint-wall projects. Antonio’s art then took a turn.
Personal and political tragedies held him back from drawing and painting until 2018. But then Antonio went to art school and, despite setbacks, soon exhibited work in Avignon. This served as a springboard for his burgeoning success. Acclaim arrived with more exhibitions, supportive love, awards, and a gallery show. Antonio now lives and works in Columbus, Ohio.
2013 – 2015, Additional instruction, Ecole Superieure D’Art d’Avignon, France
2011 – 2013, B.F.A., Escuela de Arte y Oficios, Jerez de la Frontera, Spain
Art Business Instruction, SGB Talent Agency, Summer-Fall 2019
ART WORK HISTORY
Art Instructor Experience
Private Art Instructor in Studios On High Gallery 2019- current
Private Art Instructor, Cadiz, Spain, 2016 – 2018
- Taught adults and adolescents academic drawing and the basics of watercolor painting twice weekly
Private Art Instructor, Avignon, France, 2014 – 2016
- Taught a group of 8 adolescents academic drawing and the basics of watercolor painting once weekly
Private Art Instructor, Cadiz, Spain, 2013
- Taught a group of 5 adults the basics of academic drawing and watercolor painting once weekly
EXHIBITIONS AND PUBLICATIONS
- “The unknow” is a commissioned painting by Rick Kopec as a gift to the Fire Department in Pemberville, OH. June 2020 https://www.instagram.com/p/CCI8FV6pUIZ/
- “Art in time of coronavirus” Collective Art Exhibition in Secret Studio, Columbus, OH. May – July 2020
- “While we were away” Collective Art Exhibition in Studios On High, Columbus, OH. May – June 2020
- Art Exhibition with Central Ohio Watercolor Society in Columbus Metropolitan Library March 15th – May 1st. 2020
- Artwork auctioned during “An evening with art” to raise funds for “free Sundays and kids activities” for the Columbus Museum of Art. March 7th. 2020
- Art Exhibition. “A new beginning” in Studios On High Gallery, Columbus, OH. February 15th- April 7th. 2020
- Article about my artwork in: https://www.ladykflo.com/watercolor-by-antonio/ January 2020
- Central Ohio Watercolor Society Fall Show in German Village Society. 2019 November 17th- December 15th.
- Art Exhibition in Studios On High Gallery, Columbus, OH, 2019 – Current
- Publication of my work in “Flamantes #8”, a compilation of work from Spanish speaking artistes edited by Hago Cosas. Madrid, Spain, Spring 2018
- Featured in, “Antonio, un artiste multidisciplinaire à Avignon,” written by Diorela Kelles for Le Dauphine, January 2017
- Art Exhibition in Maison de la Poesie d’Avignon, Avignon, France, Fall 2015
- Art Exhibition in Sala Paul, Jerez, Spain Summer 2011
INDIVIDUAL AND COLLABORATIVE PROJECTS
- “Migration poems” was my original idea, inspired by the immigration crisis in Europe. I invited individuals from Brazil, Greece, India, Germany, and Spain to participate, and Antonio Romero edited the final cut, 2018
- The White Sea, in collaboration with PhD Anthropologist Arpan Roy, 2018
- Co-Collaborator, “Volemos Juntos” [Fly together], with the Zoobotánico Jerez (Zoo and Botanical Gardens). Jerez de la Frontera, Spain, 2018
- Co-Developer and Art Instructor, Gypsy Camp Fest, multicultural and multidisciplinary art festival in Cadiz, Spain, 2017
Best Of Show 2019, HIT THE HOP competition of ~25 local artists, Studios On High Gallery, Columbus, Ohio
Art Instructor, Center of Barriada Federico Mayo, Jerez de al Frontera, Spain, 2017 – 2018
- Provided weekly art classes to at-risk teenagers in an impoverished neighborhood
Volunteer, Red Apoyo a Inmigrantes Jerez, Jerez de al Frontera, Spain, 2018
- Provided support to immigrants e.g. French translation services, Spanish classes, clothing and food
Current Member of SOH Gallery| 686 N High St, Columbus, OH 43215 |
Member of Central Ohio Watercolor Society.